Product Security Software Engineer at SortlistSortlist is built on trust. The goal of the security team is to work hard to improve the security of our platform that enables hundreds of thousands of users to interact togethers. We are looking for people who want to make the Sortlist platform safer for hundreds of thousands of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. If that mission sounds exciting to you, we have a few different flavors of projects/skillsets we are looking for.
What are examples of work that Security Engineers will do at Sortlist?
- Author & maintain core encryption/authentication/authorization services, libraries, and frameworks.
- Building new tools to detect vulnerabilities via static analysis, automated scanning, etc.
- Implementation of authentication for internal systems; standardized identity and access management.
- Work across functions to ensure the security of the entire production ecosystem.
- Help design and review security-sensitive aspects of the system.
- Train new engineers and evangelize good security habits; ensure best practices (in technology or education/outreach).
- Regular collaboration with third-party penetration-testing firms.
- Attend security conferences.
- Publish security research.
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Solid defensive security experience shipping projects that mitigate application or infrastructure risks at scale.
- Experience finding ways to enable other engineers to create more secure products by default without requiring security expertise.
- Significant experience performing security design review of distributed systems and APIs.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) operations.
- Interest in both breaking and building.
- Working proficiency in English required.
Sortlist.com is a tech startup based in Belgium. Through an innovative web application strongly linked to professional networks, Sortlist is reinventing the way businesses of any sizes/locations find their marketing and communication agencies.
- Join us at the start of this exciting time of growth acceleration.
- Get a taste of the development of an international startup.
- Unique successful/growing/challenging/funded/niche startup.
- Fun, casual environment.
- Flexible schedules.
- Competitive wage.