This agency has already been claimed by its owner
Friendship is a full service advertising agency that creates unboring physical and digital experiences for brands that believe they can be useful, newsworthy, timeless, just weird, playful, new, inspiring, happy, free and anything else.
We believe brands should unbore your life just like your friends do!
Brands can make our lives more interesting, fun and better. When you keep that in mind, your brand and advertising will be useful and relevant in todays society and the world.
And if you want our society to believe and buy you, it needs to like you first.
The future of advertising and marketing will be created by the happy and positive brands that are the creative risktakers of this world.
Those who treat their clients like people, instead of consuming moneybags. Those who improve our society, in all ways possible. Those who give back, will get the return.
Awards or Nominations
We are active in different sectors
- People hate advertising and that’s completely normal. Here’s why. (relax, it’s only a 5 min. read) It’s been like that since decades. Unlike other branches in the entertainment industry (music, gaming, movies, series, shows…) advertising does not add anything satisfying or fulfilling to our lives. It does not fill a need or a craving. Your brand, product or service might do that, but the advertising mostly doesn’t. If advertising doesn't make our life better, funnier or more interesting, nobody should watch it, nor react to it and certainly not buy it. No f*cks must be given. We need advertising that makes our life better, funnier or more interesting. We need useful advertising. Here’s how we do that: With literally all media at our disposal. Whether it’s a 360 campaign, a contemporary brand activation or a social media campaign, we approach every briefing with the same unboring life attitude, but without ever losing sight of the campaign goals and what your audience really wants to see. We don’t create advertising for the sake of advertising, but for the people. When brands realize they can have a huge and positive impact on society, they can ensure their future. Obviously, every brand wants to make an impact on their customers, but it’s not easy to do the effort. We are here to do the effort. We can show you how. As a creative company in the idea economy, we know that doing the effort is the key to move forward, increase sales on short term and in the long run. So dear marketeers. Don’t spend your shitloads of valuable dollars on shoving your stuff down people’s throats. No more foie gradvertising. Instead, invest your valuable marketing dollars in valuable projects, people and campaigns, that help build a fun and positive world of prosperity, solidarity and equality for all. If you do that, the consumer of today and the consumer of the future will thank you and your brand with years of loyalty. Words are cheap. You have to try it to find out. It’s like a cooking book, full of recipes. You have to try it to taste it. You have to do the effort first. If you don’t get into the kitchen and experiment, you are just licking the pages of a cooking book. Trust us, we tried it. Not the best licking experience. Why Friendship? Think of your closest friends. They unbore your life every day. That’s what brands should do too.
- The constant evolution of social media, has taught us to constantly rethink content strategies. On a daily basis our team is on the lookout for new insights and content inspiration. We are trained to see the opportunities and we go the extra mile to show you how content can be relevant and useful for your brand, depending on the KPI’s.
- We have created commercials and films for brands all over the world. Classic tv-commercials, viral ad campaigns or explanimation videos have no secrets for us. We are always looking out for new styles, new techniques and surprising ways to make videos and films with stopping power.
- We were there when social media was born and we saw it making its first steps. Now it’s a full grown teenager and almost going off to college. Not every brand needs to have a 24/7 presence on every platform known to man, but every brand needs to have at least some presence on social media. And that's where we come in. We can provide you with a relevant content plan for a one-time campaign or a complete strategy that is adaptable and built to last. But without ever losing sight of the fact that we’re making advertising for the people; people don’t want to be treated like idiots and will settle for nothing less than unboring content. And if you want to stay relevant longer than just one campaign and want people to genuinely care about your brand, you’ll need to give your community something that makes them come back. Good community management is what makes the difference here between people trashing your brand (and telling their friends about it) and consumers embracing it (and also telling their friends about it!) Social media ROI? We love social media sales. Why else would you advertise? You want sales right? Here’s a first tip: Your social media channel is like a shopping window. An interactive one. People scroll through their social media, like they stroll through a shopping street. They are window shopping, wherever they are. If your audience sees something they like, they will go in and maybe even buy. All you need to do is make sure that your ‘window’ is appealing, relevant and made to sell. Know to grow. Our social media approach also includes extensive analysis and campaign monitoring. Context here is key as raw numbers rarely tell the whole story and can mean different things depending on your campaign goals.
- We believe online advertising is the broadest medium there is today. Every tv-campaign, outdoor campaign, print ad, installation or guerilla ad, can be an online advertising campaign. Depending on your needs we can create your online ad campaign, from a to z.
A few metrics about the agency
Check the latest works made for our clients
#shareyourhairMarch 2017March 2017
Haarwensen is a Dutch organization that creates and gives free hairpieces to kids who lost their hair due to illness.
In Belgium, over 500 kids lose their hair due to illness or chemo, every year.
With 30 cm of your hair, you can make a kid feel great again.
Share you hair and a shitload of karma will be delivered at your doorstep.
This tram has no entry or exit feeMarch 2017March 2017
This tram has no entry or exit fee
MeDirect bank is an online investment bank. They have no entry, exit or transaction fees. This makes them pretty different from the competition.
If you are interested in investing in funds, without entry or exit fees? Go to MeDirect.be
To launch their campaign, we created public transport without entry or exit fee. Just like Medirect.
An atypical story for an atypical cityNovember 2016November 2016
An atypical story for an atypical city
'A dog of Flanders' is the story of the strong friendship between a Flemish boy Nello and his dog Patrasche. The story was written in 1872 by English author Marie Louise de la Ramée, also known as Ouida.
The novel is known in the United Kingdom, USA and is extremely popular in South Korea and Japan, to the point where it is seen as a children's classic. It inspired several film and anime adaptations, including the 1975 animated TV series which reached an audience of 30 million viewers on its first broadcast.
• It is one of the most read stories about Antwerp, Flanders around the world.
• more than 100 million copies sold worldwide.
• translated into more than 25 languages around the world.
• 5 holllywood movies were released
• a perfect cartoon series
• more than 30 million Japanese used to watch the weekly adventures of N&P
But in Antwerp, and Belgium, no one seems to know this story about friendship and fidelity. That's why together with Stad Antwerpen, Buro Beroepsbelg and Chow Tai Seng, we decided to bring this story into the 21st century. In the original story, the mayor of Antwerp launches a competition for artists of all ages. We recreated this storyline, by launching this competition: Design a cool statue for Nello & Patrasche and the winning design will be placed in front of the Antwerp Cathedral.
Young Lions CompetitionNovember 2016November 2016
Young Lions Competition
2 young creatives will be representing Belgium in the Young Lions competition in Cannes. In this competition they will have 24 hours to translate a brief into a film, while competing against the other country teams and probably fighting a mean hangover. To find the best team, Brightfish launched www.creativeupgrade.be together with Donald Muylle. He is a cult advertising icon in Belgium, known for starring in his own not-so-creative commercials.
Whatsapp TVNovember 2016November 2016
This is the story of a man, his family and his grand parents: "My grandparents live across the country and can’t travel themselves. It’s a 3 hour drive, so we don’t see or visit them that often.
I wanted to be closer to them but the distance is a huge barrier. I wanted to buy them a tablet to Skype and share pictures, but since they are both not really tech savvy, I needed something different.
They know how to use a TV so I created a TV that works with a WhatsApp system. I taught myself how to build a digital platform for it.
Now I can send them videos, messages and pictures of our family whenever I want.
First day of school, my son's football game, our day at the zoo, … finally they can enjoy it with us.
I shared the idea with a local entrepreneur that owns several modern care facilities, named Triamant. (www.triamant.be)
They decided to install it in the main living areas and in every room. Now every family can keep their grandparents up to date.
Loneliness is one of the nr 1 problems in these nursing facilities, with this idea I hope we can help and improve the lives of seniors all over the world."
How de athletes do it?August 2016August 2016
How de athletes do it?
How do athletes stay fit and look good? What's their secret? HIDDIT is a new nutrition brand, created by the athletes themselves. That's why we also let them create their own visual look & feel, by capturing their most famous moves. Do you want what hockey player Ellen Hoog, Iron Man Luc van Lierde and JCVD's personal trainer Claude Goetz eat to stay fit? Visit their webshop.
E-reading in the cityNovember 2016November 2016
E-reading in the city
Belgian libraries have a present for all of us. 15 free e-books, that can be downloaded on verborgenparels.be.
The giant has chosen a comfy spot in the middle of the city and will be reading e-books non stop. He also brought his charger, ordered an XXXXXXXL cup of coffee and a pair of headphones.
How to tune a bottle?November 2016November 2016
How to tune a bottle?
Remember how you used to blow on a bottle and sound came out? Together with the musicians of Roundhouse, we tuned the iconic Looza bottle and mirrored it to their drinking straws, turning every bottle into a musical instrument.
When you order a Looza, you receive your bottle tuner and a 'playsmat', that allowes you to practice famous tunes, from Beethoven to Beyonce.
Life is like a bottle of juice. To be enjoyed till the last drop. So don't forget to #livejuicy and play some music. Enjoy.
Check the latest reviews from our clients
Let us guide you to the best agency
From web design to advertising campaigns, we guide you to the right agency fitting your needs and budget. Then, compare and hire the one that’s right for you.I need an agency
100% free - Fee is charged to agencies willing to collaborate with you.